Global trade solutions
Our Global Trade Solutions team offers traditional trade and supply chain expertise and a full spectrum of domestic and international trade solutions.
We can help your business
- Secure and strengthen your relationships with key commercial partners
- Assume a stronger position to manage the negotiation phase of commercial contracts
- Be more competitive and agile when operating in, or expanding to, specific markets
- Provide incremental and innovative sources of liquidity related to your supply chain and trade flows
- Deliver solutions to help mitigate payment risk when you are selling or exporting, and product quality and sourcing risk when you are buying or importing
- Extract incremental value from your supply chain and trade flows to meet financial targets
Our global trade products
We offer a full set of trade products1 to meet your needs.
- Standby letters of credit
- Export letters of credit: Confirmation and discounting
- Import letters of credit
- Documentary collection
Structured trade finance
- Trade cycle financing/trade loans
- EX-IM bank financing
Working capital solutions
- Supply chain financing
- Receivable purchase programs
- Trade payable programs (supplier finance programs)
- Inventory solutions (offered through BNP Paribas)
Trade finance expertise
Our global trade expertise and resources set us apart from our peers.
As a Bank of the West client, you can also benefit from:
- The global resources of our parent company, BNP Paribas2—one of the world’s largest financial groups with a presence in 74 countries3
- Our strong local footprint across the U.S. with a team of seasoned senior trade managers
- High credit ratings4
- A comprehensive product suite including best-in-class solutions to meet your business needs
Bank of the West serves 1,100 finance clients5 in the United States and, with our parent company BNP Paribas, we have over 300 trade finance professionals. BNP Paribas has 93 Trade Centers around the globe to meet your needs wherever your business may go.
Recent accolades for BNP Paribas include:
Trade centers map
Reel in more business around the globe with smart trade solutions.
GTS Success Story: A.T. Kearney
A.T. Kearney is a leading global management consulting firm with 62 offices in more than 40 countries. Since 1926, they have been trusted advisors to the world’s foremost organizations. A.T. Kearney is a partner-owned firm, committed to helping clients achieve immediate impact and growing advantage on their most mission-critical issues.
To achieve its goal of doubling in size by 2020, A.T. Kearney sought to increase its credit facility by adding a new banking partner in 2014. They chose Bank of the West based on our understanding of their business needs, ability to put our global network to work for them, and the strategic solutions we offer to help enhance their global competitiveness.
Today, in addition to serving as their EMEA treasury bank (covering 27 countries), our team provides A.T. Kearney with foreign exchange, money market, commercial card, and ePayables and standby letters of credit, fronting.
"Bank of the West has become one of our key banking partners for international expertise. Their global treasury management, foreign exchange, and global trade solutions make it easier for us to do business in other countries.”
CFO, A.T. Kearney
1Credit subject to approval.
2Bank of the West is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas.
3BNP Paribas internal reports.
4Standard & Poor’s long-term deposit rating for Bank of the West is A- (as of September 30, 2016). Standard & Poor’s long-term senior debt rating for BNP Paribas is A (as of June 30, 2016).
5Bank of the West internal reporting as of September 1, 2016.
6BNP Paribas recognized by Global Finance, January 20, 2016.
7Global Finance magazine awards 2016.
8Greenwich Associates 2015 European Large Corporate Trade Finance Study (October 2015).
9Client was not compensated for this testimonial.
10Securities and variable annuities are offered through BancWest Investment Services, a registered broker/dealer, member FINRA/SIPC, and SEC Registered Investment Adviser. Financial Advisors are Registered Representatives of BancWest Investment Services. Fixed annuities/insurance products are offered through BancWest Insurance Agency in California, (License #0C52321) and through BancWest Investment Services, Inc. in all other states where it is licensed to do business. This is not an offer or solicitation in any jurisdiction where we are not authorized to do business. Bank of the West and its various affiliates and subsidiaries are not tax or legal advisors.
BancWest Investment Services is a wholly owned subsidiary of Bank of the West. Bank of the West is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas.