Philanthropy Advisory Services that align purpose and performance
One of the benefits of wealth can be the opportunity to give back—touching lives on a local, national, and even global level. With the support of Bank of the West Strategic Philanthropy Advisory Services, you can pursue your charitable giving goals—guided by a plan that lets you monitor the impact of your giving and how those results align with your values and purpose.
Whether you wish to contribute as an individual, family office, private foundation, or through corporate giving programs, our solutions can help you make a difference in the world.
Client Access and Support:
Mon-Fri, 6 a.m.-5 p.m. PT
Strategic Philanthropy Advisory Services
An effective philanthropic strategy starts with uncovering the issues you care most about, assessing your capacity for giving, then identifying and acting upon opportunities to realize your vision for change. We can work collaboratively with you, your CPA, and your attorney from initial planning stages through to monitoring efficacy, including:
- Program development that encompasses your philanthropic plan as well as program consultation and implementation
- Charitable structuring to determine whether your goals would be best served by establishing a foundation, trust, donor-advised fund, or LLC—or a combination of these models
- Education and engagement focused on your philanthropic mission, governance and succession planning, and trustee training
- Ancillary guidance including implementation coordination, subject matter expert referrals, and targeted collaborative giving opportunities
- Ongoing evaluation that measures progress and provides results reporting
Charitable structuring and administration
Helping you determine the most effective model for reaching your charitable goals is just the beginning. We will work with you every step of the way, providing guidance on:
- Private foundation setup, ongoing administration, grants management, estate planning and preparation, and regulatory support
- Board governance and facilitation
- Charitable remainder and lead trusts
- Donor-advised funds and supporting organizations
- Custom grant agreements
- International grant-making guidance and support
Purpose Investments Services
Many investors today are taking a more active role in ensuring their portfolios reflect both a commitment to social change and financial returns. To maximize the social and environmental impact of your investments, we'll help you:
- Establish a Purpose Investments Strategy, a Purpose Investments Policy Statement, due diligence guidelines, and impact monitoring
- Evaluate capital deployment considerations, including artwork, stocks, loans, and more
- Conduct screenings for exclusion-based investments, integrate Environmental, Social, and Governance standards, and weigh other key impact considerations
- Invest for impact through a range of asset classes, including public equity and debt, private equity and debt, and funds
The Philanthropy Fund, our signature donor-advised fund in partnership with Renaissance Charitable Foundation, Inc.*, provides a simple, tax-smart way to make the most of your charitable giving. The Philanthropy Fund allows you to streamline and organize your charitable giving with fees starting at just 0.6%. Through this donor-advised fund, you can:
- Support multiple nonprofit organizations
- Contribute a variety of assets—without paying capital gains taxes
- Enjoy an immediate tax deduction for your contributions
- Maintain the flexibility to donate at any time, not just at year-end
See what a difference Bank of the West Wealth Management can make for you and your family.
Bank of the West Wealth Management provides financial products and services through Bank of the West and its various affiliates and subsidiaries.
*Gifts to The Philanthropy Fund are irrevocable gifts to "Renaissance Charitable Foundation Inc." which maintains exclusive legal control over all donor-advised funds in The Philanthropy Fund. Please indicate that you made your gift to "Renaissance Charitable Foundation Inc." for any of your tax reporting forms. Bank of the West, its affiliates and subsidiaries, are separate from and not affiliated with Renaissance Charitable Foundation. The companies are not responsible for each other’s policies or services.
Investing involves risk, including loss of principal. When redeemed, an investment may be worth more or less than the original amount invested.
Securities and variable annuities are offered through BancWest Investment Services, a registered broker/dealer, member FINRA/SIPC, and SEC Registered Investment Adviser. Financial Advisors are Registered Representatives of BancWest Investment Services. Fixed annuities/insurance products are offered through BancWest Insurance Agency in California, (License #0C52321) and through BancWest Investment Services, Inc. in all other states where it is licensed to do business. This is not an offer or solicitation in any jurisdiction where we are not authorized to do business. Bank of the West and its various affiliates and subsidiaries are not tax or legal advisors.
BancWest Investment Services is a wholly owned subsidiary of Bank of the West. Bank of the West is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas.
Investment and Insurance Products:
- NOT FDIC INSURED
- NOT BANK GUARANTEED
- MAY LOSE VALUE
- NOT A DEPOSIT
- NOT INSURED BY ANY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AGENCY