How We Protect You
We protect you from liability for unauthorized use of your accounts in Online Banking.
Our Online Security Guarantee applies to consumer customers with personal accounts enrolled in Online Banking for:
- Any unauthorized transactions on bankofthewest.com
- If applicable, any overdraft or interest fees charged as a result of unauthorized transactions
If it is determined that there was unauthorized activity, we will provide 100% reimbursement of money taken from your accounts, if you assist us by taking the following steps:
- Notify us within two (2) business days of learning of the unauthorized activity on your account and no later than 60 calendar days
- Notify us of the unauthorized use of any "Online Banking Access Device" that may include:
- Online Banking Login Credentials (Username or Password)
- Personal Information that could be used to access your Online Banking profile including:
- Debit card number, PIN and Bank of the West account number
And provided that:
- You have not given your personal information such as Username or Password to anyone.
- If you've shared this information, we will consider any transaction initiated by that person to be authorized unless you notified us, prior to the transaction(s) occurring.
If these conditions are not met, your liability for unauthorized electronic transfers will revert to the liability conditions provided in the Online Banking Service Agreement and/or the Deposit Account Disclosure for Personal Accounts, as applicable. Your liability will not be more than allowed by applicable law.
Our Online Security Guarantee does NOT cover:
- Mobile transactions outside of bankofthewest.com
- Business Accounts or Business Customers
- Investment Services Accounts
- Wire Transfers
To learn more on how you can help protect yourself, visit our Security Center page.
Tell us where you live
Choose your state of legal residence. We can then give you information about the products and services available in your area.
Note: Bank of the West has branches only in the states listed in the drop-down. At this time, we only open accounts for individuals and businesses in these states.