Call UsReport fraud or suspicious activity
Report a lost or stolen credit card
Email UsReport suspicious emails
What To Do If You Suspect That Your Identity Has Been Stolen
Switch to another Security Center:
What can you do if you suspect you're a victim of fraud or identity theft?
To report a suspicious email that appears to be from Bank of the West, please forward the email to: email@example.com
Don't change or retype the subject line-that would inhibit our ability to properly investigate it. After forwarding the email, you should delete it from your Inbox, Sent Items, and Deleted Items files. At Bank of the West, we work aggressively with law enforcement agencies to investigate fraudulent emails.
If you clicked on a suspicious email and gave out confidential Bank of the West account information, please contact us at (800) 488-2265.
If you suspect that your personal information has been compromised, we recommend that you follow these important steps as applicable:
- Immediately notify us and your other financial institution(s). You should plan to get new account numbers and select a new PIN.
- Call the three major credit bureaus to request that a fraud alert be placed on your credit report.
- Report any suspicious activity immediately to the appropriate financial institution. Scrutinize the charges on your financial statements carefully to ensure that they are legitimate. If there is a questionable transaction or a fraudulent transaction, report it right away.
- Contact your local police department. Financial fraud is a crime.
- Call the Federal Trade Commission's ID Theft hotline at (877) IDTHEFT to report it. The FTC will take a report, notify law enforcement officials and offer advice.
- Keep detailed notes of your repair efforts.
- Notify the Postal Inspector if you suspect mail theft.
- Contact the Social Security Administration to get a new Social Security number if you believe yours is being used by a thief.
Check these resources for more information on identity theft and what to do if you're a victim:
Major Credit Reporting Bureaus:
Call us any day of the week and on most holidays
Mon-Fri 6 a.m. to Midnight CT
Sat-Sun 7 a.m. to Midnight CT
To report a lost or stolen credit card
Report suspicious emails