Our Online Guarantee, $0 Liability
We guarantee that you will have $0 liability on any fraudulent or unauthorized debit and credit cards charges and if any fund transfers or bill payment transactions occur, as long as you notify us within 60 calendar days after the covered transaction first appeared on your account statement and meet the additional eligibility requirements. This guarantee includes any overdraft fees incurred or interest lost as a result of unauthorized transactions.
Contact us to report:
Fraud or suspicious activity
Lost or stolen credit cards
Suspicious Bank of the West emails
Secure Online Banking
With our Online Guarantee, we will provide reimbursement for the amount of any covered fraudulent or unauthorized transaction that occurs on your account during an online banking session at bankofthewest.com.
Our Online Guarantee covers:
- Personal accounts enrolled in Online Banking. Your account must be open, in good standing and not overdrawn when the fraudulent or unauthorized transaction is posted to your account
- The online guarantee does not apply to Mobile Service or offline transactions, online transactions conducted outside of bankofthewest.com or to business and other non-personal accounts, or if you knowingly share your security credentials such as username and password with another person; not applicable to Investment Services Accounts
For you to be eligible for our online guarantee:
- Notify us of any unauthorized activity within 60 calendar days of the statement on which the fraudulent transaction first appeared
- Protect your username and password. Create a password that would be hard for others to guess and do not write it down
- Unauthorized activity must not occur through your negligence, such as leaving your computer unattended during an online banking session
- You must not provide your personal information such as username or passwords, social security number to any third party
- Never respond to emails asking for personal information, such as your Social Security Number, username or passwords. Bank of the West will never request that information
- Protect your personal computer by using up-to-date anti-spyware, anti-virus, and firewall protection software
- If you share your username and password with someone, we will consider any transaction initiated by that person to be an authorized transaction
If the previous conditions are not met, your liability for unauthorized electronic transfers will revert to the liability conditions provided in the Online Banking Service Agreement and/or the Deposit Account Disclosure for Personal Accounts, as applicable. Under no circumstances will your liability be more than allowed by applicable law.
To learn more on how you can help protect yourself, visit our Security FAQ page.
How we protect your privacy
Report any unauthorized activity
To report fraud or unauthorized online access to your accounts, please call Customer Service at 1-800-488-2265, select option 3. TTY 1-800-659-5495. We’re available to help you:
Mon–Fri 6 am to 12am CT / 8 am to 10 pm PT
Sat–Sun 7 am to 12am CT / 9 am to 10 pm PT
And most holidays