We're Here to Help
Helping you over bumps in the road.
Our team is here to help you with your mortgage concerns.
If financial hardships are making your home mortgage payments difficult to afford, let us help you. Please contact us immediately, don't wait until after you've missed a payment. The sooner you contact us, the more options that may be available, and we may have alternatives to help you avoid foreclosure.
Eligibility depends on several factors, including but not limited to:
- current monthly income
- current monthly expenses
- your loan type
Possible options include, but are not limited to:
- Loan “workout” or modification providing for a more affordable mortgage payment.
- Alternative repayment plans to assist you in bringing delinquent payments current over a period of months rather than in a lump sum.
- In certain situations on home equity loans, temporary relief may be available through payment deferments.
To discuss your options, please contact us:
Be sure to complete items 1, 2 and 3 to the right prior to calling.
- Residential Mortgage:
please call us at 1 (866) 377-3970, Option 1.
- Home Equity Loan or Home Equity Line of Credit:
please call us at 1 (866) 377-3970, Option 2.
- Auto, RV or Marine:
please call us at 1 (866) 377-3970, Option 3.
- If you have a hearing or speech impairment and use Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS) or a Text Telephone, dial 711 or connect with a TRS operator or our direct TTY/TDD at 1 (800) 243-3468.
The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) may be able to help you by offering free or low cost credit counseling. To find a HUD-certified housing counseling agency, call 1(800) 569-4287, TDD 1 (800) 877-8339.
All loans are subject to credit approval
WHAT TO DO IF YOU FIND AN ERROR IN YOUR ACCOUNT OR IF YOU WANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR ACCOUNT:
If you think there has been an error in the servicing of your account or if you would like to request information about your account, please write to us at one of the following:
Bank of the West
Home Equity Loan or Home Equity Line of Credit
Bank of the West
In your letter, please provide the following information:
- Account Information: Your name and loan number. You may also include the property address.
- Description of Problem: If you believe there is an error in your account, describe what you believe is wrong and why it is a mistake.
- Description of Information Requested: If you would like to receive information about your account, describe what information you are requesting.
You must send us written notices of errors and requests for information at the address listed above. Notices and requests sent to other addresses may not be responded to in a timely manner.
When calling, please have the following information ready:
- Fill out our Financial Statement form. Please include an explanation of your financial hardship.
- Proof of income for all contributing borrowers (i.e. pay stubs).
- Copies of your last two bank statements.
You may be asked to fax or mail items 1, 2 and 3 to us.
*Adobe Acrobat Reader and a printer required to download and complete this form.