Go electric and drive away with big savings on your auto loan
Getting a car loan doesn't have to be a major journey. We create a speedy course for you to take, so that you can get on the open road. Take advantage of competitive rates and flexible terms. The roadmap for a car loan doesn't get easier.
Have you recently moved to the U.S. to pursue your career? If so, financing a car without established credit history can be challenging. We're here to help you get behind the wheel. Learn More
Go green with an Electric Vehicle loan discount and save 0.25% off our standard auto rates when you finance a qualified electric vehicle. Save 0.25% more when you make automatic payments from a Bank of the West checking or savings account. There may even be additional benefits for our Premier and Wealth Management customers.1
Car Financing from $7,500 and Up
Have on Hand
- Asset information
- 2 years of verifiable income history
- Debt info
- Social Security or Taxpayer ID Number
Here’s What’s What
- Terms that go up to 84 months*
- Fixed monthly payments
- No prepayment penalty
- Get a 0.25% rate discount when you set up an automatic payment from a Bank of the West deposit account at the time of loan closing
* Example of a car loan with a FICO Score of 720: A 5 year fixed rate $15,050 loan (includes a $50 processing fee) with a 5.790% APR would have 60 monthly payments of $288.53.
1. Fill out application
2. Get approved
3. Finish loan paperwork
Please check out our personal loan offerings to purchase vehicles less than $7,500.
Car Loan FAQs
What might prevent me from getting a loan?
Loans are subject to credit and application approval. Credit scores of 600 or higher are preferred.
Can I have a co-signer?
Who can apply?
- Must be a US Citizen, Resident Alien or Non Resident Alien who resides in the United States.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must reside in the bank's 19-state retail footprint.
- Non-US Citizen with a work visa that has no or limited credit can apply through our International Banking Group
What information will I need to apply?
Please have your personal information, annual income and any applicable collateral information available to apply.
What vehicles qualify for financing and which do not?
Standard Production Vehicles qualify for financing.
Collateral we do not finance:
- Cars imported through sources other than factory authorized distributors
- Vehicles for hire (limos, cabs, ambulances, etc.)
- Trucks weighing over one ton
- Special body trucks (flatbeds, racks, etc.)
- Salvaged vehicles
- Lemon Law Returns
- Vehicles that are not in working order
- Hail Damaged
- Commercial Vehicles
- Exotic / Limited Production Vehicles (Excludes Tesla)
- Van Conversions (See our RV Product offering for Class B motorhomes)
Can I finance my taxes, titling and licensing fees?
Yes, tax, titling and licensing fees may be financed subject to loan-to-value restrictions.
Do you offer lease buyouts?
Yes, we do offer lease buyouts. Please speak with a phone or branch representative for guidelines specific to your lease.
How do I apply?
You can apply through our online application, phone banking team
(1-866-269-2327, TTY 1-800-659-5495) or at your local branch.
Car Loan Calculators
How much should depreciation cost me?
Should I lease or purchase a vehicle?
Should I finance or pay cash for a vehicle?
How much will my vehicle payments be?
Which vehicle loan is better?
What term of vehicle loan should I choose?
Which is better: a rebate or special dealer financing?
How long should I keep a vehicle?
What vehicle can I afford?
1Additional benefits may be available for our Premier and Wealth Management customers. Contact your banker for more information.
Automatic Payment rate discount of 0.25% is valid only for applications submitted directly to Bank of the West via the Apply Now link, at a branch, or over the phone to a Bank of the West Call Center. Cannot be combined with other relationship discounts.
APR is the Annual Percentage Rate. Subject to consumer loan program guidelines and credit approval. Certain fees, closing costs and restrictions may apply.
APR applied to the loan is the APR in effect on the date the application is received and is valid until 30 days from application date.
APRs may vary with loan term.
Maximum loan term is based on loan amount.
Rates and terms are subject to change without notice.
Actual rate and term may vary based on collateral age, loan amount, Loan to Value, Term and Credit Score.
Credit score may vary depending on credit reporting agency.