55 Plus Checking
A checking account plus a couple of extra features to help you get more out of the best half of your life.
The Bank of the West 55 Plus Checking Account comes with:
- First order of Bank of the West corporate image wallet style checks (1 box) FREE
- Fee-free American Express® traditional travelers checks
- Unlimited use of Bank of the West ATMs
- Online Banking with Bill Pay
- Free Mobile Banking
- Overdraft protection with a linked savings or Gold Line* account
- Bank of the West Debit Card with discounts and special offers on everyday items**
- Discounts on consumer loan rates with automatic payments*
- Free personal assistance through our Contact Center
- Unlimited check writing with sufficient funds available
- Deposits eligible for FDIC insurance up to the maximum established by the FDIC per depositor and ownership type
** Visit www.savings.mastercard.com where it's free to sign up for discounts and special offers.
What you'll need for our fast, secure online sign-up
- About fifteen minutes to complete the application
- $100 minimum opening balance
- Social Security number
- Driver's license or state ID
- Date of birth, email address and physical street address
- Routing number, if you'll be opening your account by transferring funds from another bank
To see how easy it is to switch your accounts from your current bank, see our step-by-step Guide to Moving Your Accounts to Bank of the West.