Choice Interest Checking
A great combination - earn interest every month on your checking account balance, while also writing checks for everyday purchases and bills.
Bank of the West Choice Interest Checking account features:
- Interest rates that vary by balance tier
- Unlimited use of Bank of the West ATMs
- Online Banking with Bill Pay
- Free Mobile Banking
- Overdraft protection with a linked savings or Gold Line1 account
- Bank of the West Debit Card with discounts and special offers on everyday items2
- Discounts on consumer loan rates with automatic payments1
- Free personal assistance through our Contact Center
- Unlimited check writing with sufficient funds available
- Deposits eligible for FDIC insurance up to the maximum established by the FDIC per depositor and ownership type
There is a $10 monthly service charge that can be waived two ways:
- $2,500 average monthly balance in this account, OR
- $5,000 average monthly balance in this account plus linked personal savings, CDs and IRAs†
2 Visit www.savings.mastercard.com where it's free to sign up for discounts and special offers.
For combined balances, multiple personal deposit accounts including savings, certificates of deposit (CDs) and IRA accounts can be linked to your checking account. Common ownership is required on all linked accounts.
What you'll need for our fast, secure online sign-up
- About fifteen minutes to complete the application
- $100 minimum opening balance
- Social Security number
- Driver's license or state ID
- Date of birth, email address and physical street address
- Routing number, if you'll be opening your account by transferring funds from another bank
To see how easy it is to switch your accounts from your current bank, download our step-by-step Guide to Moving Your Accounts to Bank of the West.