Your customer service team is here to help you.
(800) 488-BANK (2265)
Mon-Fri: 6 a.m. to Midnight Central Time
Sat, Sun, and most Holidays: 7 a.m. to Midnight Central Time
ONLINE BANKING GENERAL FAQs
Select from the category tabs below to find the information you're looking for. If you don't find the answer you're looking for please use the search feature or contact us.
Here are some tips for protecting your online account:
- Create a unique username and password for your Online Banking Account. Both of these should be difficult for others to guess.
- Memorize your username and password – never write them down. And never share them with anyone.
- Refresh or change your username and password often.
- Strengthen your password by avoiding personal information like birthdays or the names of pets. Instead, use a combination of letters and numbers.
- When you are finished banking online, click the "Log out" button. Simply closing your browser window could allow access to your information the next time it's opened.
- Bank of the West will never send you an email asking for your account or password information. If you receive such a message, do not respond to it in any way. Instead, please forward the email to us at email@example.com.
When viewing your Online Banking Account Balance, you may notice a difference in your "current balance" and your "available balance". This difference indicates funds in your account are on hold. Holds result from a deposit where a portion of the funds are placed on hold or when you use your Debit card for a purchase as a Visa®/MasterCard® signature based transaction, and the merchant requests an authorization on the amount of the purchase. The dollar amount of the transactions that are on hold will show up in your Online Banking account history as "pending" until we receive the copy of the transaction that you authorized or the held funds from a deposit are released.
Funds can be withdrawn from your account in a variety of ways, and take different lengths of time to process. Regardless of the type of withdrawal, you should always be sure that you have sufficient funds in your account to cover the transaction.
To help keep track of your accurate account balance, you should:
- Keep a written record of all your transactions. This will help you know the exact balance in your account, so you can gain an idea of how much money you can spend.
- Add or subtract funds from your balance immediately after making a transaction. You’ll have a more accurate idea of how much money you have, even before your transaction is processed.
- Keep processing time in mind. Depending on the merchant and type of transaction, processing time will vary, so the balance on your statement may be different than your actual account balance.
- Don't forget about automatic payments. Deduct automatic payments from your balance, even before they process, so you’ll know how much money you have left in your account after that transaction clears.
- Check your balance regularly. Be sure to check your balance often, just in case there’s a payment or transaction you missed.
Remember, you are the only one who can control how well you track your finances. Be sure to always record your transactions right away to help yourself avoid financial pitfalls.
Regardless of where you live, the cut-off time for scheduling online transfers is 9:00 p.m. Central Time (CT). Transfers scheduled after 9:00 p.m. Central Time will not be available for paying items (checks, Automated Clearing House, debits, etc.) the night of the transfer, and will post showing the date of the next business day.
Here's how to add an account to your homepage:
- Log in to your Online Banking account
- Click on "Message Center"
- Click on "Send a message"
- From the "Subject" menu select "Add an Account"
- In the body of the message let us know what account you would like to see online
- If the account is eligible for viewing on Online Banking, it will be added to your "Account Summary" page.
Your "Account Activity" page allows you to easily keep track of transactions, balances and other activities in blocks of 90 days and you can accumulate up to 27 months of information.
The account balance and transaction information is usually current and up-to-date at the time that you sign in to Online Banking; however, your last statement transactions could take up to two business days to display.
The Online Banking system updates account activity at the end of each business day and information is available for viewing online by 9:00 a.m. CT.
Electronic transactions, such as debit card transactions and ATM withdrawals will appear immediately in the account details, while items such as paper checks will not appear until they have been processed and posted to your account.
The data in the pie chart on the Account Overview page is based on your categorized transactions. If the chart is one color, it means you haven't organized your recent transactions into budgeting categories. You can categorize your transaction in the "Activity" section of the Account Summary page.
Here's how to change your password:
- Click on the Services tab
- Under the Preferences category, click Change Username/Password
- Enter your current password
- Enter your new password
- Re-enter your new password to confirm
- Your password must be 8 to 12 characters long and include at least one letter and one number. The password cannot contain any spaces. Your password can also include the following special characters: !"#$%''()*+-./:;=?@\. To help assure your security, your username and password cannot be the same. Please remember both your username and password because they are necessary to log in.
- Click "Change Password" or click "Cancel" to return to the Services main page.
You can easily categorize your transactions by clicking the "Accounts" tab, then clicking "Activity." Scroll down to view your recent transactions and click "Select a Category," within the transaction field. A "Categorize Transaction" window will appear. Click the category drop-down menu, select a category, then click "Update." The category you selected will now be saved to the transaction.
You will be able to make up your own categories. To create a new category, select Add Categories from the Services main menu. Once on the Add Categories page select Option 2 – Define Your Own Category. Create a new category by creating a category name, description and type. Once you have verfied your entries the new category will display in the drop down menu on the Categorize Transaction window.
Bank of the West
P.O. Box 2573
Omaha, NE 68103
We send two basic types of email to our customers:
Online Banking Information – We use secure email to send Online Banking information, including answers to questions about your account, and other legal correspondence, such as new terms and conditions related to your account. We will send you these important messages regardless of your email preferences – you cannot opt out of email regarding the Online Banking service or your Online Banking account.
Special Promotions – We may also use email to send customers special offers or promotions that we think you would find valuable. If you prefer to stop receiving special promotional emails, we will give you an opportunity to opt out when we send these emails.
For all online banking questions please send a secure message through the Message Center function of your Online Banking service. We will respond to email messages with an answer within one business day of receiving the message. Note: We do not monitor email continuously.
Or you can call us at (800) 488-2265, Option 3 Mon-Fri: 6 a.m. to Midnight Central Time, Saturday, Sunday, and most holidays: 7 a.m. to Midnight Central Time,
Go here to sign up for Online Banking. If you have a Bank of the West checking and debit card you can start using online banking today. If you do not have a checking and debit card you must complete the online enrollment form and we will send you a confirmation email to notify you that your application has been approved.
Enter the username and password you created during the enrollment process.
You can change your password as often as you like. Go to the Services page as part of Online Banking and click "Change Password" under "Preferences". Upon entering your old password, you can create a new one.
Please note: Your Username and Password cannot be the same.
Please get in contact with our customer service team, and let them help you through the process, or troubleshoot what might be causing the problem. You can reach them at (800) 488-2265, Option 3 Mon-Fri: 6 a.m. to Midnight Central Time, Sat, Sun, and most Holidays: 7 a.m. to Midnight Central Time.
The following accounts can be accessed through Online Banking:
- Credit Cards
- Money Market
- Certificates of Deposit
- Individual Retirement Accounts
- Lines of Credit
- Overdraft Protection
- Note: Accounts with special signature requirements are restricted from Online Banking access.
Your password must be 8 to 12 characters long and include at least one letter and one number. The password cannot contain any spaces. Your password can also include the following special characters: !"#$%''()*+-./:;=?@\. To help assure your security, your username and password cannot be the same. Please remember both your username and password because they are necessary to log in.
A browser that supports 128-bit encryption. The Online Banking service is compatible with Internet Explorer®, FireFox®, Chrome®, and Safari®. For best performance we recommend using the newest certified release of the browser.
If you have a Bank of the West checking account and debit card, you may enroll and start using Online Banking immediately.
If you do not have a checking account and debit card, you must wait for us to send you a confirmation email before you will be able to begin banking online.
You can't see the entire screen because your monitor's screen resolution needs to be changed to a higher setting—800-by-600 or greater. At a higher resolution your screen (text, images, navigation buttons) is smaller, so more can fit on your screen. If the resolution is set too low the objects are larger and everything cannot fit onscreen. This is why you may find yourself scrolling up, down, or sideways to see everything on a Web page.
Increasing your screen resolution will fix this. In fact, most Web sites won't display properly at a resolution of 640-by-480. Adjusting your resolution will actually make all your Web experiences more enjoyable. Furthermore, if you use any additional browser task bars, your screen size is reduced to make room, so consider removing task bars. Internet Explorer® users can also select F11 to increase screen size capability.
If you can't see the entire page from side-to-side, then you need to adjust your monitor's resolution. Here's how to do it for Windows® and the Macintosh®.
- Go to the Start menu at the lower left of your screen.
- Select Settings and then Control Panel.
- Open the Display application.
- Choose the Settings tab at the top of the window.
- In the Desktop Area section, reset your monitor's display to 800 by 600 or greater.
- Click OK
- Go to the Apple menu at the upper left of your screen.
- Select Monitors and Sound.
- In the Resolution section, reset your monitor's display to 800 by 600 or greater.
- The new resolution will be displayed after you select it.
- Close the Monitors and Sound control panel by clicking the close box in the upper-left corner.