Student Checking at Bank of the West
Student Checking comes with more of what you want - and less of what you don't.
With Student Checking you can get:
- Unlimited access to award-winning customer service
- Unlimited use of Bank of the West ATMs
- Online Banking with Bill Pay
- Online Statements
- Mobile Banking1
- Overdraft protection with a linked savings or Gold Line2 account
- Bank of the West Debit Card with discounts and special offers on everyday items3
- Discounts on consumer loan rates with automatic payments2
- Toll free personal assistance through our Contact Center
- Unlimited check writing with sufficient available funds
- Deposits eligible for FDIC insurance up to the maximum established by the FDIC per depositor and ownership type
- Optional Student Perks Bundle with extra benefits
The monthly service charge is $10. However, it's easy to waive this fee. Just present a valid student ID, and be between the ages of 18-24. You must present your student ID each year to avoid a monthly service charge for the next 12 months. There is an additional $3 fee for paper statements, which you can waive by signing up for Online Statements at bankofthewest.com/demo. On your 25th birthday, your account will automatically convert to an Easy Checking account.
What you'll need for our fast, secure online sign-up:
- About fifteen minutes to complete the application
- $20 minimum opening balance
- Social Security number
- Driver's license or state ID
- Date of birth, email address and physical street address
- Routing number, if you'll be opening your account by transferring funds from another bank
1 Standard text messaging and mobile carrier rates may apply.
2 Subject to credit approval.
3 Visit www.savings.mastercard.com where it's free to sign up for discounts and special offers.