Premier Relationship Checking at Bank of the West
Premier Relationship Checking acknowledges those customers who place great trust in Bank of the West by paying special bonus interest rates on qualifying accounts.
Bank of the West Premier Relationship Checking account features:
- Premier Relationship Premium interest rates on a Choice Money Market Savings account1, 2
- Bonus interest rates on selected CDs3
- A second Premier Relationship Checking account with no monthly service charge4
- No Bank of the West charge for using another bank's ATM
- Rebates on fees for cash withdrawals from other banks' ATMs5
- No fee for cashier's checks, travelers cheques, money orders, stop payments, incoming wires, or overdraft protection transfers from a linked savings or money market account
- No charge for Premier Relationship checks or 25% discount on other styles (one box per order)
- Free small safe deposit box or $40 off larger sizes6
There is a $30 monthly service charge that can be waived by meeting at least one of the following:
- Maintain an average monthly balance of at least $15,000 in this account, OR
- Maintain a $25,000 combined average monthly balance in this account plus all linked personal checking, savings, and money market accounts, as well as CDs and IRAs
Here's what you'll need to apply:
- About fifteen minutes to complete the application
- $100 minimum opening balance
- Social Security number
- Driver's license or state ID
- Date of birth, email address and physical street address
- Routing number if you'll be opening your account by transferring funds from another bank
1 A Relationship Premium or a Premier Relationship Premium (available to Premier Relationship Checking customers) is a bonus interest rate on qualifying Choice Money Market Savings accounts for selected balance tiers. The standard interest rate plus the Relationship Premium interest rate equals the Relationship Interest Rate; the standard interest rate plus the Premier Relationship Premium interest rate equals the Premier Relationship Interest Rate. The Relationship Premium and Premier Relationship Premium interest rates are set at the Bank's discretion and are subject to change without notice. Only one Choice Money Market Savings account can be linked to a checking account. There may not be a Relationship Premium or Premier Relationship Premium associated with every balance tier.
2 To automatically qualify for a Relationship Interest Rate, you must have an open Bank of the West consumer checking account and a Choice Money Market Savings account with the same ownership; to automatically qualify for a Premier Relationship Interest Rate, you must have an open Bank of the West Premier Relationship Checking account and a Choice Money Market Savings account with the same ownership. The Relationship Interest Rate or Premier Relationship Interest Rate will be earned on your Choice Money Market Savings account.
3 To qualify for a relationship CD interest rate, you must have a Premier Relationship Checking account. Relationship CD interest rates are available on select CD products only and are subject to change or discontinuance at account renewal. If you do not have an open Premier Relationship Checking account when the CD renews, you will receive the standard rate for the new term.
4 If you have an open, active Premier Relationship Checking account, you are eligible for a second Premier Relationship Checking account with no monthly service charge. The ownership on both accounts must be identical. The second Premier Relationship Checking does not provide a relationship pricing benefit to a Choice Money Market Savings account.
5 Bank of the West will rebate up to $15 in surcharge fees that owners and operators of non-Bank of the West ATMs may charge for use of their ATMs each statement cycle on ATM transactions made on your Premier Relationship Checking account.
6 One-time setup fee of $20 for safe deposit box waived. Safe deposit box offer is subject to availability.