Choice Interest Checking at Bank of the West
Choice Interest Checking lets you earn interest every month on your checking account balance, while also writing checks for everyday purchases and bills.
With Choice Interest Checking you can get:
- Interest rates that vary by balance tier
- Unlimited use of Bank of the West ATMs
- Free Online Banking with Bill Pay
- Overdraft protection with a linked savings or Gold Line2 account
- Bank of the West Debit Card with discounts and special offers on everyday items3
- Discounts on consumer loan rates with automatic payments2
- Free personal assistance through our Telephone Banking Center
- Friendly customer support online, on the phone, or in the branch
- Unlimited check writing
- Deposits eligible for FDIC insurance up to the maximum established by the FDIC per depositor and ownership type
Plus, there are two ways to waive the monthly service charge of $10.
- $2,500 average monthly balance in this account, OR
- $5,000 average monthly balance in this account plus linked personal savings, CDs and IRAs†
What you'll need for our fast, secure online sign-up
- About fifteen minutes to complete the application
- $100 minimum opening balance
- Social Security number
- Driver's license or state ID
- Date of birth, email address and physical street address
- Routing number, if you'll be opening your account by transferring funds from another bank
1 Standard text messaging and mobile carrier rates may apply.
2 Subject to credit approval.
3 Visit www.savings.mastercard.com where it's free to sign up for discounts and special offers.
† For combined balances, multiple personal deposit accounts including savings, certificates of deposit (CDs) and IRA accounts can be linked to your checking account. Common ownership is required on all linked accounts.