Easy Checking at Bank of the West
Easy Checking comes with convenient ways to waive the monthly service charge, making it easy to enjoy the benefits of your Bank of the West checking account.
With Easy Checking you can get:
- Unlimited use of Bank of the West ATMs
- Online Banking with free Bill Pay
- Overdraft protection with a linked savings or Gold Line1 account
- Bank of the West Debit Card with discounts and special offers on everyday items2
- Free Mobile Banking3 (with sufficient available funds)
- Discounts on consumer loan rates with automatic payments1
- Free personal assistance through our Telephone Banking Center
- Friendly customer support online, on the phone, or in the branch
- Unlimited check writing (with sufficient funds available)
- Deposits eligible for FDIC insurance up to the maximum established by the FDIC per depositor and ownership type
The monthly service charge is $8 with paperless statements through Online Banking, or $10 with paper statements – and there are multiple ways to waive either one. For more details Compare Accounts >
Here's what you'll need to apply:
- About fifteen minutes to complete the application
- $100 minimum opening balance
- Social Security number
- Driver's license or state ID
- Date of birth, email address and physical street address
- Routing number, if you'll be opening your account by transferring funds from another bank
1 Subject to credit approval.
2 Visit www.savings.mastercard.com where it's free to sign up for discounts and special offers.
3 Standard text messaging and mobile carrier rates may apply.