Social Media Copyright Policy
Make Bank of the West part of your social community.
Claims of Copyright Infringement. The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the "DMCA") provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law.
If you believe in good faith that materials found on our website and online services offered by Bank of the West ("the Bank") infringe your copyright, you (or your agent) may send us a written notification to the Bank's Designated DMCA Agent requesting that the material be removed, or access to it blocked (or requesting that a third party site remove or disable access to it), as follows:
Designated DMCA Agent:
The Bank's designated DMCA Agent is Patricia Cantu ("DMCA Agent"), and our DMCA Agent's contact information is as follows:
Attn: Designated DMCA Agent
13220 California Street, Third Floor
Omaha, NE 68130
Phone: (402) 918–1625
Notification of Alleged Copyright Infringement.
If you believe that your own copyrighted work is accessible through the Bank's online services in violation of your copyright, you may provide our DMCA Agent with a written communication as set forth in Section 512(c)(3) of the DMCA that contains substantially the following information:
- a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed (or if multiple copyrighted works located on the Page are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works);
- identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or the subject of infringing activity, and information reasonably sufficient to allow Bank of the West to locate the material on the Page;
- the name, address, telephone number and email address (if available) of the complaining party;
- a statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and
- a statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
If you believe in good faith that a notice of copyright infringement has been wrongly filed by Bank of the West against you, the DMCA permits you to send Bank of the West a counter-notice pursuant to Sections 512(g)(2) and (3) of the DMCA. To be an effective counter-notification under the DMCA, your letter must include substantially the following:
- Identification of the material that has been removed or disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or disabled.
- The statements:
- "I consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court in which my address is located, or if my address is outside the United States, the judicial district in which Bank of the West is located.";
- "I will accept service of process from the party that filed the notification of alleged copyright infringement or the party's agent."; and
- "Under penalty of perjury, I have a good faith belief that the material in question was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled."
- Your name, address, telephone number, email address, and if applicable, username associated with Service.
- Your physical or electronic signature.
We recommend that you consult your legal advisor before filing a notice or counter-notice. Also, be aware that there can be penalties for false claims under the DMCA.
Repeat Infringer Policy.
In accordance with the DMCA and other applicable law, the Bank has adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances and at our sole discretion, users of its services who are deemed to be repeat infringers. We also may, in our sole discretion, limit access to the Bank's services and/or terminate the memberships of any users of the Bank's services who infringe any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement.
Social Media Guidelines
For an immediate response to questions concerning your account, please contact our Customer Service team first, instead of using our social channels.
Be safe online and never post or share any of your private account information. We will never ask you for that type of information in a public space.
We also recommend that you also familiarize yourself with the privacy policies of social media websites before participating.