Bank of the West Offers Time-Saving Mobile Banking Services to Help Manage Money During the Holiday Season & New Year
San Francisco, Calif. | Dec 21, 2015
With the holiday shopping season underway, Bank of the West's mobile banking services and features help customers stay on top of finances while shopping for gifts, enjoying a holiday meal, or traveling to see friends and family.
A recent Bain & Company study found that more than 50 percent of people would rather go without their wallet for a day than their phone. As mobile access becomes a necessity in day-to-day life, Bank of the West offers mobile banking capabilities designed to help reduce the financial stress of the holiday season. Whether checking account balances, reviewing recent transactions, depositing checks, or sending and receiving money, Bank of the West's mobile app keeps you up to date on your finances while on the go.
"We're focused on making the banking experience as seamless and intuitive as possible for our customers," said Jamie Armistead, executive vice president and head of digital channels at Bank of the West. "When our customers are out looking for the best gifts, the last thing on their minds should be trying to figure out how to split the cost for that new golf club for dad. With the Popmoney® service available via our mobile app we've made it as easy as a entering a phone number or email address, adding an amount, and sending to the friend or family member with whom you're splitting the bill."
Bank of the West mobile banking services help customers manage their money easily and conveniently for added peace-of-mind with services such as:
- Mobile Enrollment allows most customers to establish a user name and password and get access to our digital services quickly and conveniently. No need to go to a home or office computer to enroll. Customers can conduct banking activities while on the go.
- Mobile Quick Balance lets users easily check their account balances and review recent transactions with one tap on their mobile screen while waiting in line at a store, dining with friends, or considering how much to spend during a holiday getaway. No login required.
- Mobile Popmoney® allows customers to send money to or pay back friends and family using only their email address or mobile phone number.
- Mobile Text Alerts and Email Alerts customers may choose to set up low balance reminders to help avoid overdraft and returned item fees, which are great resources to keep tabs on spending this time of year.
- Bill Pay allows users to pay important bills from anywhere. Bill Pay enables set up of recurring payments that automatically pay bills on time and with ease.
- Scan to Pay with Bank of the West's mobile app allows customers to hover their phone camera over a bill – cable, telephone, credit cards, utilities, etc. – to capture important information and pay the bill, all in about 30 seconds. The feature removes the hassle of managing and paying bills from the "to do" list during this busy season.
- Mobile Remote Deposit Capture allows customers to deposit checks by taking a photo of it on their mobile phone.
During this festive season, it's also a good idea to keep fraud prevention in mind to help ensure your accounts stay problem-free. Bank of the West features a Fraud Center that provides information for customers to learn about fraud and ways to take simple precautions that ensure that the New Year starts off on a bright note.
About Bank of the West
Bank of the West is a regional financial services company chartered in California and headquartered in San Francisco with $74 billion in assets as of September 31, 2015. Founded in 1874, Bank of the West provides a wide range of personal, commercial, wealth management and international banking services through more than 600 offices in 22 states and digital channels. Bank of the West is a subsidiary of BNP Paribas, which has a presence in 75 countries with 185,000 employees.
Michele Rene Scott, Bank of the West
Julia Mellon, Bliss Integrated Communication