Bank of the West Expands Wealth Management Services to Palo Alto
SAN FRANCISCO / PALO ALTO, CALIF. | Jul 16, 2015
Bank of the West Expands Commitment to Serving Wealth Management Clients in the Palo Alto Area Through a Center Designed to Address Clients’ Complex Financial Needs
Bank of the West Donates $25,000 to BUILD, a Nonprofit Dedicated to Helping Youth From Under-Resourced Communities Attain High School, College, and Career Success
Bank of the West announces the opening of its new wealth management center in Palo Alto, California, located at 531 Cowper Street. This center will serve the bank’s clients in a community that reflects its California heritage with tree-lined streets and historic buildings, yet is also globally recognized as a leader in cutting-edge technological development, with comprehensive wealth management services for individuals, families, entrepreneurs, and business owners.
As part of the celebration and in appreciation of the Palo Alto community, Bank of West presented a donation to the non-profit BUILD – Businesses United in Investing, Lending and Development. Through entrepreneurship-based, experiential learning, BUILD prepares youth from under-resourced communities for high school, college, and career success.
"We consider it a privilege to serve the families and businesses of Silicon Valley," said Bank of the West Chairman and CEO Michael Shepherd. "Our new Palo Alto wealth management center builds upon our long tradition in this vibrant community dating back to 1874, when our bank was founded in San Jose."
To formally welcome clients, Bank of the West hosted a client grand opening event including a ribbon-cutting ceremony and a brief presentation by bank executives and Palo Alto Mayor Karen Holman.
The newest Palo Alto location adds to Bank of the West’s expanding number of wealth management centers, now found in California in San Jose, San Francisco, Walnut Creek, Indian Wells, Newport Beach, Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, and Pasadena; in Omaha, Nebraska; Overland Park, Kansas; and Denver, Colorado. At each of these locations, a team of private client advisors and other wealth management professionals provide clients with the personalized attention to chart and achieve their financial goals, alongside access to the international capabilities of Bank of the West’s parent company, BNP Paribas.
"Bank of the West is proud of our growth and expansion in Silicon Valley, which is in many ways the epicenter of innovation and entrepreneurship in America. As a result, we are opening this new center dedicated to service affluent, high net worth and ultra-high net worth individuals who live and work in the area," said John Bahnken, senior executive vice president and head of the Wealth Management Group. "The opening of the wealth management center is another way we are continuously striving to provide our customers the outstanding service they expect and deserve."
Hosted events at the new Wealth Management Center:
In addition to addressing clients’ wealth management needs at the new 531 Cowper Street center:
- Clients benefit being able to enjoy an open, interactive environment which may be used as a temporary work space - featuring Wi-Fi, a coffee bar, and a conference room.
- Clients and community organizations may register to use the space to host meetings.
- From October 12 to November 12, 2015 Bank of the West will showcase the exhibit "Wave by BNP Paribas." The exhibit – which is open to the public - aims to provide inspiration and a forum for discussion and sharing about “How Collective Ingenuity is Changing the World.”
About Bank of the West Wealth Management:
Bank of the West Wealth Management provides wealth planning, investment management personal banking and trust services. The group is part of BNP Paribas' global wealth management business of more than 6,300 professionals in 30 countries worldwide with $15.5 billion as of June 2015* in assets under management in the United States and €332 billion ($372 billion) in assets under management globally as of March 2015.
About Bank of the West:
Bank of the West is a regional financial services company chartered in California and headquartered in San Francisco with $70.9 billion in assets as of March 31, 2015. Founded in 1874, Bank of the West provides a wide range of personal, commercial, wealth management and international banking services through more than 600 offices in 22 states and digital channels. Bank of the West is a subsidiary of BNP Paribas, which has a presence in 75 countries with 185,000 employees.
Michele Rene Scott
Bank of the West Wealth Management offers products and services through Bank of the West and its various affiliates and subsidiaries.
* Securities and variable annuities are offered through BancWest Investment Services, a registered broker/dealer, Member FINRA/SIPC. Financial Advisors are Registered Representatives of BancWest Investment Services. Fixed annuities/insurance products are offered through BancWest Insurance Agency in California, (License #0C52321), through BancWest Insurance Agency in Utah and through BancWest Investment Services, Inc. in AZ, CO, IA, ID, KS, MN, MO, ND, NE, NM, NV, OK, OR, SD, WA, WI, WY, HI, GUAM and CNMI. Bank of the West and its various affiliates and subsidiaries are not tax or legal advisors.
BancWest Investment Services is a wholly owned subsidiary of Bank of the West and a part of the Wealth Management Group. BancWest Corporation is the holding company for Bank of the West. BancWest Corporation is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas.
* * Including assets under supervision at BancWest Investment Services
Investment and Insurance Products:
- NOT FDIC INSURED
- NOT BANK GUARANTEED
- MAY LOSE VALUE
- NOT A DEPOSIT
- NOT INSURED BY ANY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AGENCY