Our Commitment to Accessibility
Bank of the West is dedicated to providing easy access to information, products and services to all of our customers, including people with disabilities. We have an ongoing program intended to improve the accessibility of our physical and digital locations. This page provides for a summary of the products and services we offer related to accessibility.
Accessible Communication Options
Bank of the West offers several accessible communication options for contacting the Bank and obtaining account information:
- Acceptance of telecommunications relay service calls
- Teletypewriter (TTY) connectivity through the Bank of the West Contact Center at 1-800-488-2265 (TTY 1-800-659-5495)
- The designation of an assistive companion reader, such as a family member, friend or associate, noted on your account, who is permitted to read verification and other information to you to facilitate communication
- Large font, Braille and audio CD formats for deposit account, consumer loan (home equity line of credit and mortgage) and credit card statements
Accessibility Features of ATMs
Over 500 Bank of the West ATMs include accessible features, such as Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) height and reach requirements. Bank of the West ATMs offer:
- Audio jacks to accommodate headphones, ensuring privacy as you transact;
- Voice guidance, which includes vocalization of the transaction, including the user's receipt and any mini-statement requested. Bank of the West ATMs ensure the debit card holder's privacy by displaying a blank screen when conducting a voice guidance transaction;
- Braille labelling; and
- Embossed debit and credit card options.
Accessibility of Banking Branches and Offices
Bank of the West branches and offices are inspected by our trained facilities team on a regular basis, with careful attention given to parking spaces, paths of travel, front entrance doors, and teller lines. Further, many of our branches and offices also include drive-through banking availability, allowing customers to transact without exiting their vehicle. Branches and offices also offer:
- Earbuds for secure transacting
- Assistance with reading or completing certain forms or documents
- A sign language interpreter, if requested in advance by appointment with certain branches or offices
- An environment that welcomes service animals under the ADA, including guide dogs
Please contact your local branch (or visit our branch locator) or our Contact Center at 1-800-488-2265 (TTY 1-800-659-5495) to request any of the services mentioned above.
Bank of the West is committed to delivering a best-in-class web experience to all of our customers. We work continually to keep our websites and digital banking products accessible to everyone, including customers who use assistive technology, by striving to follow the World Wide Web Consortium's internationally recognized Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) as a technical guide. For the best user experience, we recommend using a current browser and current assistive technology. We also recommend downloading the most recent version of our mobile app.
Tell us where you live
Choose your state of legal residence. We can then give you information about the products and services available in your area.
Note: Bank of the West has branches only in the states listed in the drop-down. At this time, we only open accounts for individuals and businesses in these states.
You are leaving Bank of the West
Please be aware: The website you are about to enter is not operated by Bank of the West. Bank of the West does not endorse the content of this website and makes no warranty as to the accuracy of content or functionality of this website. The privacy and security policies of the site may differ from those practiced by Bank of the West.
To proceed to this website, select Continue, or Cancel to remain on the Bank of the West website.